BSA Swim Team *UPDATES BELOW
BSA offers a quality Summer Swim Team. Our hope is that being a part of our team grants each of our swimmers with individual improvement of stroke and technique, a better understanding and appreciation of team work, some exposure to healthy competition, and an overall wonderful summer with family and friends.
Swimmer must be between 4-18 years of age and must be able to swim at least two consecutive lengths of the BSA pool. For our existing customers, this is a Clownfish - moving on to Pufferfish level.
Swim Team Training Locations;
BRC : Address: 1660 Pine St, Bakersfield
CAU: Address: 1450 Boughton Dr, Bakersfield
* We encourage our swimmers to try our new location at CAU. Currently the home of the Bakersfield Swim Club. A great new facility with a 25 yard pool on beautiful grounds, heated perfectly. This will allow us the opportunity to serve our team better.
1. Team Registration start 1 March - closes when the team reaches capacity.2. Update Account details on parent portal.3.Suit sizing by Mon 29April **4. Training Starts Tuesday 7 May** Swimmer(s) not fitted by this time may incur a late fee for additional suits orders as we are charged per order & shipment.Current times for Swim Team - Open 18April for selection * subject to availability
1 hour Practice from Mon - Thurs for the months of May, June and July.
Times are subject to change;
BRC : 4-5pm, 5-6pm, 6-7pm
CAU : 5:30-6:30pm NEW 6:30p.m - 7:30p.m
BRC : 8:30-9:30am , 5p.m - 6p.m
CAU : 5-6pm, 6-7pm, 7-8pm
** Technique classes/Private classes and Summer Blitz offered either side of Practice times at BRC.
3. Information/ Kick off Party ! Monday 6 May at the BLVD. RSVP to be provided.
$360 Per Swimmer - Cost includes Team Practice plus a Team T-shirt, swimsuit, and cap.
Payments are divided over a five month period, to ensure less of a financial burden to our members. We hope this helps serve our families.
- March $15 (deposit to hold team position)
- April: $75 * Suit/Cap/Shirt
- May: $115
- June: $115
- July: $40
*Meet entries will cost $10 per meet per swimmer, or $25 per meet for families with more than 2 swimmers.For any further questions, please contact Team Managers Becca and Karina
Swim meets typically begin the first weekend of June and continue through the second weekend of July.
The official meet schedule should be posted by mid May on our team website. While we do not require our swimmers to participate in swim meets, it is highly encouraged.
*Our team participates in both A and B meets.
For more information, check out our BSA Team website!
Information about our year-round club swim team can be found on the Bakersfield Swim Club Website.
BSA has our own team page here, where meet and location details are listed as well as team records.